About the Team
The Insights & Analytics Team is responsible for surfacing program insights that fuel the ongoing internal design, practices and advancement of the program offerings and in some cases, inform the industry at large by applying data science/analytics in concert with qualitative observation and/or research. The team is responsible for advancing and stewarding a prioritized learning agenda on key programmatic questions that advance the work of the Offerings team, the organization, and the industry at large. Relatedly, this will require strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex findings into easy understood takeaways for non-expert internal and external audiences. The team works closely with the Vice President of Academic Innovation & Performance and the Office of the Chief Program Officer to generate credible and actionable insights informed by a variety of programmatic data.
This is a newly formed, dynamic team with cross-functional and collaborative opportunities. As such, successful candidates for the team will be curious entrepreneurs, with a mind toward partnership and collaborative problem-solving to create the necessary processes to deliver on the team charge. Relatedly, members of this team will have the unique opportunity to shape the new collaborative structures and practices that will be utilized.
- You are eager and adept at answering challenging questions in creative ways in order to generate insights, and are comfortable thinking in both abstract and concrete terms
- You enjoy working collaboratively to derive insights from complex, multi-faceted questions.
- You have the ability to use both inductive reasoning to take observations and then use those observations to come up with a general theory and deductive reasoning to create a general theory and then work towards a specific hypothesis that can be tested.
- You have an understanding of, and appreciation for, mixed methods approaches for generating actionable insights.
- You enjoy both descriptive and predictive approaches to insight generation.
- You enjoy designing and implementing analytical plans, and are willing to reevaluate and/or abandon plans as new information and data emerges.
- You have a proclivity for pattern recognition & methodical thinking.
- You can generate creative ideas and solutions without being constrained by best practices or current state.
- You seek out multiple different perspectives and are able to productively suspend your own judgement about their merit.
- You can derive insight and recommend actions from analysis of qualitative and quantitative inputs.
- You have strong communication skills and can communicate complex ideas with clarity to a wide variety of audiences.
What you Would Do
- Lead the development and stewardship of a prioritized programmatic learning agenda for insights related to current and future Teach to One (TTO) program offerings.
- Lead the development and stewardship of a learning agenda for insights that inform the industry at large.
- Drive all team and project efforts through the process of generating actionable insights from programmatic data.
- Lead and apply the use of advanced analytics and computing power to identify hidden patterns, trends, and associations within the underlying data.
- Lead and apply the use of qualitative methodologies to surface insights related to programmatic outcomes and implementation.
- Ensure requested insights and related projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, managing changes to schedule, scope, and budget as needed
- Drive ongoing processes for analyzing large and highly complex program-related data sets.
- Lead efforts to identify opportunities for phenomenological & ethnographic research for insights into areas of variation in program data.
- Identify key opportunities for partnerships to enhance overall team capacity.
What We are Looking For
- Graduate degree or deep experience in associated disciplines
- 5-7 years of experience with increasing responsibility, ideally with experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and insight generation.
- Experience using statistical software - SQL, R, SPSS, Azure ML, and/or Tableau preferred
- A demonstrated ability to lead mixed methods research and analysis that generates valid and actionable insights for practitioners and program designers.
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership that resulted in team development and on-time production of quality learning, insights or products.
- Demonstrated passion for/commitment to personal and team learning & development
Role Classification and Benefits
This role is full-time and includes benefits such as rich medical, dental, and vision insurance, 36 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, a professional development budget of $375 annually and a quarterly cell phone subsidy.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.